Jump to navigation
Whether you’re a society webmaster, budding sysadmin or just an interested browser, these pages should contain all the necessary answers to help guide you in whatever you wish to make with our services. To see what we offer you, head on over to our main website for more information.
Should you at any point need help, we offer three different solutions:
- this growing collection of documentation
- a live chat support service
Please do not be afraid to ask for help! Asking for help is an essential stage of the learning process. In the first instance, check the common requests below and see if that helps you. If not, or if you don’t know where to start or what to look for, hop in our live support channel and we’ll help get you sorted.
The SRCF is run by a community of volunteers, all of which are constantly learning new things as we improve and grow the SRCF. Being a newcomer to many of the things in this documentation shouldn’t stop you from using our systems or one day joining us. We’ve produced a series of tutorials and gathered recommended links for you below. These are highly recommended if you’re just getting started with the SRCF or Linux.
- Common requests
- I want to gain access to an existing group account
- I want to grant group admin access to someone else
- I’m getting permission errors writing files in a group account space
- I need help with an @lists.cam.ac.uk mailing list
- I want to update forwarding addresses on my domain
- Can you design/upload/run/fix my website for me?
- Can you help me debug my PHP document/Perl Script/C++ Program?
- More information
- Recommendations for using Timeout
- Comparing Timeout with other platforms
Shell and files¶
- Email accounts
- Hades email service
- Legacy mail on pip
- Group account email
© Copyright CC BY-SA 4.0. Contributors: Matias Silva, Richard Allitt, Mary Chester-Kadwell, Dexter Chua, Malcolm Scott. Created using Sphinx 3.0.3.